Bespoke eCommerce Web Design For Your Brand
Outsource Your Marketing provides the perfect solution for eCommerce brands looking to update their website, improve their search engine ranking, and grow their sales. Our experienced eCommerce web design team has created successful eCommerce sites across a range of sectors, including fashion, logistics, construction materials, homeware, and plumbing services.
Online shopping is certainly about convenience, but the competitive environment means that it has to offer a great experience for the shopper too. A static picture and a shopping cart no longer does the job. Customers now need to see detailed product descriptions, HD imagery and 360° product views. eCommerce web design is critical to your brand’s success.
What is an eCommerce Website?
Also known as online shops or stores, an eCommerce website allows customers to buy products online safely and securely. Amazon was the first eCommerce website, and it remains the gold standard for designers. Not only is it convenient and efficient, it also understands that consumers are looking to be more than a moving target for sales. Amazon ‘remembers’ shoppers, maintains their buying history, and offers personalised promotions.
5 Considerations if You’re New to eCommerce
Creating an eCommerce website can feel overwhelming because of the many different design decisions you need to make – so here’s 5 suggestions to keep you sane!
- Create a Simple Prototype. Don’t try to create the ‘bells and whistles’ version first. Start with just the basic features and build as you get to know what you need.
- Start With What Your Customers Require. Do your research and find out what the most important things are for your customers. Do those well, before adding anything else.
- Learn From Your Competitors. Great sites are ones that have learnt what works and what doesn’t along the way. Take notice of feedback and improve the things that shoppers regularly complain about on competitor sites.
- Choose the Features That Will Sell Your Product. Find out what shoppers need in order to buy the product you sell, then incorporate them into your site. Make it easy for people to buy from you.
- Don’t Be Blown Off Track By Trends. eCommerce has grown rapidly in the past 5 years. Watch out for innovations that may help you to sell, but don’t follow trends for the sake of it.
A Website Builder, or Outsourcing eCommerce Web Design?
When eCommerce brands want a new website, they have two options. First, they can choose a DIY eCommerce Website Builder, which offers a number of pre-made templates that they can customise. Or they can outsource eCommerce web design to a provider like Outsource Your Marketing.
We believe that the outsourcing option offers a better deal, for the following reasons:
- Web Design Specialists. Our team of skilled eCommerce web designers have experience in a range of eCommerce sectors.
- Secure Payment Integration. OYM designers can successfully integrate your chosen payment software from WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify etc.
- Bespoke Web Design. Your website will be bespoke, so you can personalise it to your brand, and include all the features you want.
- Easy to Make Changes. The websites we design are easy for our clients to use. So, you will be able to make changes simply and fast, using passwords and logins we’ll set up for your team.
- Search Engine Optimised. An eCommerce site that hasn’t been search engine optimised cannot be found in a Google Search. OYM designs integrate SEO, so that your site is ‘Google Friendly’ and can easily be matched to consumer searches.
- Responsive, Mobile-First Designs. Your site will be responsive, which means that it will load super-fast, look equally good on mobiles and desktops, and it’ll be easy to navigate.
- Secure, Fully Tested Site. When we ‘handover’ the site, it will have been fully tested for performance, copy proof-reading, security, and speed. Any glitches you encounter (unlikely), we will put right immediately.
The OYM eCommerce Web Design Solution
Once we know exactly what you need from your eCommerce web design, we will prepare a detailed no obligation quotation that includes all the costs for delivering on your brief. If you decide to go ahead, we’ll set the timeframe and our team will start work on your eCommerce web design. You will have a Project Manager as your point of contact. They will report regularly and make requests for feedback as the design develops.
About Outsource Your Marketing
We’re a UK-based company which has grown a network of skilled web designers, graphic designers, and digital marketers over the past 10 years. We work with a range of businesses, from start-ups to multi-nationals, and we give the same level of service no matter the size of the job. We’re a friendly team that’s always available if you need to speak to us, and we really do believe in giving best value to our clients.