Outsourced Marketing for Small Businesses
Small businesses always have a list as long as their arm of ‘must haves’ and ‘nice to haves’. More often than not, a marketing specialist sits in the ‘nice to haves’. When we talk to SMEs about their reasons for this, we often hear the same kind of replies:
- We’re managing it in-house at the moment
- Once we’re settled on a marketing strategy, we’ll think about it
- Finding and training sales staff is more important than a marketing team
- Not sure there’s enough work for someone in marketing at the moment
What’s evident from each of these is that marketing is seen as a generic, ad-hoc activity. So long as this is the case, small companies are missing out on sales revenue that could more than cover the cost of outsourced marketing.
What is Outsourced Marketing?
Outsourced marketing for small businesses provides the opportunity to buy in expertise where you need it, for as long as you require it. Suppose you want to run an online ad campaign to market a new promotion. You can outsource a specialist with years of experience to do the job for you. You receive one invoice for the cost of the project, and you enjoy to results of the campaign.
Outsource Your Marketing works with a number of small companies with limited marketing budgets. In the majority of cases, the outsourced work we carry out for them yields a high return on investment for them within weeks. The initial cost is, therefore, demonstrably covered by sales growth. This is a very different prospect from recruiting and developing a marketing role in-house which can take months.
Types of Outsourced Marketing for Small Businesses
What many small businesses lack is a strategy for all their different in-house marketing tasks and campaigns. Outsourcing allows you to import the processes you need to promote your business. The 5 most regularly requested marketing services are:
- Marketing Campaign Planning. Often small businesses have great ideas but are too busy to create a coherent plan. An outsourced campaign planner will work with you to develop your campaign, and will then create a plan which will allow you to carry it out.
- Brand Identity Development. It can be hard to know how you’re seen from the outside, when you’re on the inside. An outsourced brand developer will help you to develop the way your business is perceived. They’ll also create a strategy for creating brand consistency across business resources.
- Social Media Management. Setting up a social media account is one thing; managing that account effectively and productively is quite another. This kind of marketing is all about creating the content your audience wants, and engaging in a two way dialogue. Outsourcing social media ensures this happens consistently.
- Website Updates/Designs/Management. A business website is the way that most customers encounter your brand first, so it’s key to your sales. Outsourcing design and management allows you to keep the look fresh, the content engaging, and the features secure.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). If your website isn’t appearing on page 1 of the Google search engine, it may be down to your SEO. All the major search engines assess your website by a range of criteria which determines your ranking. SEO ensures you meet those criteria and achieve a high ranking as a result.
Why Choose Outsource Your Marketing?
We’re a close-knit team of specialists with a passion for results. We’ll help you to diagnose where your business marketing needs are, and recommend the most efficient solution. OYM works fast and effectively to help small businesses achieve their marketing potential – and increase their sales as a result.