Whether it’s a logo, a poster for the office wall, a pull-up banner for a trade fair, or a leaflet to hand out at a networking session, every business can benefit from the skills of a graphic designer. Why? Because they communicate your business values, ideas and messaging through visual art forms that are designed to inspire, delight or inform your potential customers.
Professional Graphic Designers Promote Your Brand
Every piece of graphic design you create should market your brand effectively, and develop your brand awareness. Businesses often start out by working on an ad hoc basis, but as you start to grow it becomes more important that your brand is consistent, high quality, and a differentiator in your sector.
Professional graphic designers use colours, textures, fonts, images, formatting and media to create a design identity that is unique to your business. Once the brand identity is signed off, it’s imperative that every piece of marketing adheres to the brand guidelines, and maintains the quality of the original.
In House, or Outsourced?
Despite the fact that absolutely every business will, at some point, need the services of a skilled graphic designer, very few can afford to have this as an in-house resource. In the majority of cases graphic design projects will be outsourced, and where the business needs are complex, an outsourcing agency will provide a range of specialist designers to serve their needs.
There are many advantages to outsourcing graphic design:
- It’s cost effective – you only have to pay when you have a specific project that needs specialist graphic design service.
- It’s time-efficient – specialist graphic designers will work with your deadlines, and their time will be wholly dedicated to your project.
- It’s less stressful – once your brief has been handed over, your graphic designer will take the stress for you, rather than keeping it in-house.
- It allows you to access the best – working as a freelancer in a highly competitive sector keeps you on your toes! Outsourced graphic designers tend to be excellent at what they do.
- It ensures high quality work – your graphic designer will understand the visual language of branding and be adept at translating your ideas into effective communications.
- It allows you to get on with what you do best – rather than spending your time on developing in-house teams, or trying to create the graphics yourself, outsourcing allows you to concentrate on what you do best.
Outsourcing Graphic Design – Getting the Basics Right
At Outsource Your Marketing we always advise businesses to invest time in developing their brand identity with a graphic designer, in order to streamline their design projects further down the line. We spend time with clients helping them to identify their:
- core values
- key messaging
- customer ‘avatar’ or persona.
Once we have these three components we’re able to start work on designing a logo and/or branding design which encapsulate your values, and messaging in a way that will appeal to your customers.